This guide will help you fix Motorola phones that have the following problems:
- Incoming calls not coming
- The notification /status bar not scrolling down
- The home button not working
- unable to reset the device from settings
CAUTION: This procedure will wipe all data on your device. Make sure you backup all your important data before you proceed. Make sure you remember your Gmail ID and password associated/synced with the device as you may have to sign in later with the same Gmail ID and password during the initial setup before you can start using your device. I will not be responsible if you lose access to your device.
1) Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here
2) Turn off your Motorola phone, wait for few seconds then press and hold volume down and power button together, then release them both together. Your phone will now enter fastboot mode.
3) Connect your phone to PC and wait for the drivers to get installed.
4) Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot app you downloaded on step one. In the command prompt window that opens type:
It will show the device connected. Now type
It will wipe your phone’s data and factory resets the device. Wait for the process to complete.
5) Now type:
This will reboot your device. Your phone is now fixed. Follow the initial setup on the screen to finish setting up your phone.